What is rainwater harvesting?
Rainwater harvesting is the collection, filtering, storage and distribution of rainwater. It can be used for irrigation, as an emergency supply of water or a complete off-the grid system. It can be stored in water tanks or reservoirs.
Benefits of rainwater harvesting
1. Rainwater harvesting systems are environmentally sound.
2. Reduces municipal water demand
3. Reduces sewerage outfall
4. Reduces the capital needed for expensive dam building, and eliminates the need for new sewerage treatment works.
5. You do not change your lifestyle.
6. Stored water is available during future water outages.
7. You have adequate water for irrigation.
8. Very cost effective
9. Storm water from roofs to street is almost eliminated.
10. Large yet unobtrusive (out of site) water tanks.
11. Pipes from house to water tanks hidden underground.
12. Reduces the need to top up swimming pools.
13. Simple designs and concepts.
14. Systems are very easy to maintain.
15. Quick and easy to install. All work done in two days.
16. Exempt from all forms of water restrictions.
17. Personalized installation.
18. Option of override during a power outage.
19. Improves the quality of your lifestyle.
20. You join the happy family of conservationists.
21. Rainwater harvesting systems imbue one with passion to conserve.